Special Message from Andy!
What is the Masterclass?
For the first time ever, Andy Austin will teach an Advanced Metaphors of Movement Masterclass. For many years we’ve been wanting Andy to teach his advanced Metaphors of Movement material, and now we finally have enough people trained in the basic process to host him for this exciting training! Here is some of what this advanced masterclass will include:
- How to get the most impact in a client session by eliciting multiple metaphors at the same time in a single session, and how to notice and feed back idiomatic themes through connections across these multiple metaphors.
- Within a metaphor, how to identify important themes from unimportant ones, and with the important themes ask, “what is this like” to elicit further metaphors to explore.
- Working with coherent and incoherent metaphors
- The relationship between specific metaphoric taxonomies. One easy example of this is how “container” metaphor experience primarily protects from “hurts” metaphor experience
- The meanings and differences between internal metaphor (i.e. the burdens) and external metaphors (i.e. the landscape)
- The living death metaphor
- Rule structure and how NLP’s ‘Modal Operators’ appear and function in metaphor
- The mysterious and yet pervasive 0=2 mystical formula
- Zero Sum and Non-Zero Sum Game Theory and the TD E/I Minimization
- Systems Theory and The Prisoners Dilemma within the experiential metaphor
- Sin and shame as expressed in metaphor and treated in MoM
- The structure of forgiveness and confession as a therapeutic maneuver within MoM
- The structure of “The Hurts” bias and metaphoric representation
- Working with trauma
- The structure of the emotional trade in fulfillment metaphor
- V.I.T.R.I.O.L. and the meanings of light and darkness in metaphor
Who can attend the Masterclass?*
Anyone who has attended Andy’s Metaphors of Movement training level I from 2013 or later, OR anyone who has worked through all of Andy’s online Metaphors of Movement level I program “Metaphors in my Attic”, OR anyone who has attended the 2-Day Metaphors of Movement Training with Mark Andreas.
- Get 50% discount on the online MoM level I program “Metaphors in my Attic” when you register for the Masterclass (You’ll get the discount code in your confirmation email when you register). Remember, if you haven’t yet taken MoM level I, you will need to go through all this online material before the Masterclass to get the full value of the training, OR
- Get 50% off a client session with Andy Austin if you have already purchased the online MoM level I program “Metaphors in my Attic” (Just contact Andy once you book for the Masterclass. These sessions will take place over Skype or Zoom either before or after the training in Boulder.)
*Not sure if you have the background to get the full benefits of the Masterclass? Contact us if you have any questions.
Schedule & Dates: April 27-30, 2019, in Boulder, Colorado (Saturday – Tuesday)
Sat-Mon: 9:30am–6:00 pm
Tues: 9:30am–5:00 pm
Lunch break of 1.5 hours each day
Location: Best Western Boulder Inn
Please arrive between 9:10 and 9:20 am the first day to sign in.
Lodging Options: Click Here (Special hotel rates when you book at least 30 days in advance. Call: 800-233-8469 and mention discount code “NLP.”)
[This training is now DEFINITE, so you can go ahead with travel arrangements.]
“Andy Austin is an intelligent and entertaining trainer. He demonstrates high standards regarding working with clients and more important, he trains you to become aware of yourself as the clinician/coach in all types of situations. His material is very useful for those who want to increase their therapeutic skills. He cleverly leads students to find the answers within, and then offers new ideas to challenge their learning even more. I have enjoyed my experiences learning from Andy and I recommend him as a trainer.”
— Rachel Hott, Ph.D. Co-director The NLP Center of NY
“After attending a workshop with Andy I put into practice within a week my new found skills — WOW! — amazing and rapid results. I believed I listened to my clients, I now know that I didn’t hear their movement, or lack of it!! Within 2 hours a client who had spent thousands of pounds seeking a cure from others found the right way forward… A 3 day check-in for feedback and the feedback was good — the best session ever, and the best technique I had used… I would recommend that all practitioners who want to support their clients achieve movement learn this great skill.”
— Lesley Hoyle, NLP Practitioner, registered nurse in previous career
About Andrew T. Austin
Andrew T. Austin is a neurolinguist and clinical hypnotherapist, and a registered nurse with experience in neurology. He has been teaching therapeutic methodologies since 1996 and has acquired a sizeable reputation with his developments of Metaphors of Movement and Integral Eye Movement Therapy. He also specializes in the treatment of Phantom Limb Pain and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Described by Bill O’Hanlon as “the British Milton Erickson,” he is regularly consulted by television production and media companies regarding alternative psychology, hypnosis and neurological syndromes. He has consulted with and appeared on the BBC program, “Inside Out” (the episode where the cat is registered as a hypnotherapist) as well as on local radio and network television.
Andy has written numerous articles, including publications in The Fortean Times and Best magazine. He is a recognized speaker and international trainer, with regular appearances at the NLP Conference in London, The James Braid Society, The International Bariatric Surgery Conference in Turkey, Advanced Mastery Training (AMT) in the USA and university psychology departments and faculties.
Andy is the author of The Rainbow Machine – Tales from a Neurolinguistic’s Journal, and a contributor to several books including, Sweet Fruit from a Bitter Tree by Mark Andreas, Transforming Negative Self Talk by Steve Andreas, and Restoring Hope: Appreciative Strategies to Resolve Grief and Resentment by Rob Voyle. Andy is known for his never-ending creativity and sense of humor, along with the precision and range of his work. He is based in the seaside village of Rustington, West Sussex, England. You can learn more about his work on his website: www.andrewtaustin.com.